14,500 RMB – 17,500 RMB per month
(Salary amounts include 1,000 accommodation allowance per month. Up to 3000 RMB is given each month for optional project involvement. Examples of projects include curriculum development, social media support, and our monthly idea-sharing initative for teachers helping teachers.
NOTE: 17,500 RMB = approx. $2500 USD, $3300 CAD/AUD, £2050
- Teaching kindergarten to primary aged children
- Planning your lessons using our MEF developed curriculum
- Creating a fun and engaging lesson plan that will make students want to learn
- Monitoring student progress
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- English must be your native language/mother tongue. (As per China government policy, the foreign language teacher should teach only the language of his/her native tongue.)
- Hold a passport one of the following countries: Canada, USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
- Clear Police Check
- Be suitable to a kindergarten environment
- High energy and a kind presence required
- Some Chinese companies put age the max. age restriction of 40 years of age, as the visa is more difficult to get if you are older.
This is case-by-case, and not official, but if you are older you may want to choose a different country with lower visa restrictions.
- If you have tattoos you must be able to hide them.
Benefits and Incentives:
- Full Arrival Support (We will help with everything from picking you up, helping you get an apartment, getting your SIM card, WIFI, bank account, where to eat, where to shop, and all of the daily life needs sorted.)
- Free TEFL Certification Course
- 2 weeks paid vacation every year during Chinese Spring Festival, 1 week paid vacation in October, all Chinese official holidays, and up to four weeks unpaid holidays
- Choice of Free flight to China paid upfront OR 6,000 RMB bonus after 6 months
- Processing Chinese Z Visa work permit
- Airport pick up, arrival support
- Up to one-week free hotel accommodation on arrival (until apartment is confirmed)
- Healthcare Coverage: 80% of insurance companies coverage fees paid for
- Up to 10,000 RMB Accommodation expenses Loan (cash advance for accommodation deposits, advanced months and other accommodation fees)
- Organized social events
- Paid Transportation to and from places of work (When required to be at more than one location)
- Full training Support System
- Free Chinese lessons or Language exchange partner pairing program.
- City/Country Rotation options for contract renewals
M.E.F. is a leading provider of ESL English teachers in China. We are dedicated to providing support to our network of teachers and are more than happy to answer any questions.