Teaching English in Dongguan
- Have Obtained a Bachelor Degree
- Passport Holders Of United Kingdom, United States, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand Or South Africa
- The Ability To Obtain A Clear Background Check
- Teaching Experience Is Preferred But Not Required
Why Teach English in Dongguan?
Visitors will find that they will have plenty of opportunities to go shopping, dine on delectable cuisine, and even visit some fascinating attractions when they are there.
Plus, since it is so close to many other cities, it is the perfect option for a quick day trip or a weekend getaway.
Most people will be thrilled with the laidback atmosphere of this city. In fact, almost everyone will choose to return numerous times, so that they can relax and enjoy the sights around them a little more often.
Living in Dongguan
Facts About Dongguan: Basic Stats
- Population: 8.26 million
- Public Transportation: close to 2 international airports, the hub of Guangdong-HK-Shenzhen high-speed railway; frequent city buses and taxies, subways under construction (7 lines by 2030)
- Language: Mandarin, Cantonese
- Climate: subtropical
- Expats: a thriving community
- Nightlife: very vibrant nightlife scenes, often called as “paradise of nightlife”
Living in Dongguan: Cost of Living
- A regular meal in a restaurant: 15 RMB – 20 RMB
- Fruits for a week: 50 RMB
- Dine out with friends: 50 RMB – 120 RMB
- Public transport (bus): 2 RMB for a one-way ticket
- Taxi: Start (normal tariff) 10 RMB, 1km (normal tariff) 2.5 RMB
- Movie ticket: 40 RMB
- Drinking outside: 6.5 RMB for domestic beer, 15 RMB for imported beer
Data from Numbeo.
Things to Do in Dongguan
Take a stroll along Dongguan Walking Street
This is a lively street that is perfect for those who want to do a little shopping or grab a bite to eat. There are plenty of fun activities to participate in while wandering around, and while some people will visit during the day, most will wait until the sun sets before they head over that way. The reason for that is at night, the lights all get turned on and the entire street glows under the dark skies.
Visit Songshan Lake
Sometimes people want to relax when they travel to different destinations around the world and Dongguan has the perfect option for everyone. One of the best places for some rest and relaxation is Songshan Lake, and while everyone can simply sit and enjoy a picnic lunch, there are a few other options. One of them is renting bicycles and riding them around the nearby trails so that people can see the true beauty of this area.
Visit Keyuan Park
This park is perfect for those visitors who want to learn more about the history of Dongguan. Everyone can wander through the park, as they go into the museum, stop at the archaeological sites, and spend some time in the traditional garden.
Visit Humen Bridge
The Humen Bridge is a newer sight within Dongguan, as it was not completely constructed until 1997. This bridge is the first large suspension bridge that was completely designed and built by this country without any additional input and it spans the Pearl River. While it serves as the main transportation area, visitors will want to take time to see it up close, especially at night when the lights from the bridge make the water of the river glow.
Teaching English in Dongguan
A brand-new journey starts from here!