Teaching English in Hefei
- Have Obtained a Bachelor Degree
- Passport Holders Of United Kingdom, United States, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand Or South Africa
- The Ability To Obtain A Clear Background Check
- Teaching Experience Is Preferred But Not Required
Why Teach English in Heifei?
As the capital city of Anhui province, Hefei is one of the most ancient cities in China with more than 2,000 years of history. It has since been the political, economic and cultural center of this region.
Besides that, Hefei is also filled with beautiful surroundings – most people consider a visit to Hefei will quickly determine that a longer stay is needed to get the most out of this city. If you plan to teach English in Hefei, you’ll be enjoying the convenient modern facilities at a very low cost of living.
The government in Hefei put a log of emphasis on economic growth, putting together long-term plans that attract foreign talents, encourage innovations and technology breakthroughs.
Facts About Hefei: Basic Stats
- Population: 7.5 million
- Public Transportation: well-developed both internally and externally – 1 international airport, railway lines to all major cities in China; 2 metro lines, 100 bus lines, cheap taxies
- Language: Mandarin, Local Directs
- Climate: 4 distinct seasons
- Expats: growing community
- Nightlife: active with a wide range of bars and pubs
- Food: belongs to Anhui Cuisine, featuring braising and stewing techniques with fragrant and delicious tastes
Living in Hefei: Cost of Living
- A regular meal in a restaurant: 10 RMB – 20 RMB
- Fruits for a week: 50 RMB
- Dine out with friends: 50 RMB – 80 RMB
- Public transport (bus): 2 RMB for a one-way ticket, 50 RMB for a monthly pass
- Taxi: Start (normal tariff) 8 RMB, 1km (normal tariff) 2.3 RMB
- Movie ticket: 35 RMB
- Drinking outside: 5 RMB for domestic beer, 15 RMB for imported beer
- Average monthly salary: RMB 4,000 – RMB 6,000
Things to Do in Qingdao
Visit the Anhui museum
This is the one activity that everyone can seem to agree on when it comes to things to do while visiting Hefei. There are five floors within this museum and each one focuses on a different time period. There are plenty of artifacts, works of art, and relics for visitors to see, but most people seem to love the massive dinosaur fossil in the entryway the most. As everyone is wandering around, they will discover pottery exhibits, calligraphy exhibits, and even porcelain exhibits from over the years.
Visit the Hefei botanical garden
This is the perfect spot for visitors to wander around, while enjoying the beauty of the garden and the fragrance of the flowers. The flowers are not in bloom all year long, so visitors will want to plan their time in Hefei carefully if they want to see the most flowers within the garden. In fact, the best time to visit these gardens is during the rainy season, as that is when everyone will see the most blooms, including tulips, roses, azaleas, and irises.
Visit Mingjiao temple
This temple is not the one that was originally constructed back during the Liang Dynasty, as that one was rebuilt and expanded upon before being destroyed during the wars. The temple that visitors see today was constructed by Yuan Hongmo and it consists of three parts that include the Buddhist Palace, the Sutra Depository, and the Western Chamber Park. There are more than thirty Buddha statues for people to see during their visit at this temple and it is recommended that everyone takes the time to find them all.
Visit the Xiaoyaojin Ancient Ferries site
This area is absolutely stunning, especially when it is possible to see the ferries out in the river. This is an ancient area, so everyone will want to grab as many pictures as they can, although hopefully, people will be able to appreciate this attraction long into the future.
Teaching English in Hefei
A brand-new journey starts from here!