Teaching Jobs in China
Teach, experience, grow, impact
Teaching Jobs In China
Teachings jobs in China with Panda Buddy connects you with reputable employers in educational system in China, providing you with great salary package, trainings, and local support.
Our educational partners are all well established with years of experiences in hiring, training and supporting foreign English teachers, ranging from public schools, kindergartens, and private language training institutions.
Mostly are positions from primary schools and high schools. the teaching hours usually are around 20 hours/week, Monday to Friday. You will be able to teach students from multiple English level, and generally a medium to large class (35 – 60) size.
Pre-school education for Chinese kids before they attend the school at the age of 7 or 6. This type of position is suitable for people who are comfortable with younger kids, able to present 100% energy to make the class live.
Caters to students who want to learn the English language after their normal school hours. In these institutions, teaching performance expectation for teachers is generally higher which results in more working hours. Class size is usually smaller (up to 30).
Why Teach in China?
Teaching in China is a great way to immerse yourself in the Chinese culture and exchange your knowledge with locals. Your students and colleges will willingly teach you their traditions, cultures, and even language in return for you spending time teaching them what they need to know in the English language.
What's Included In This Experience?
- Teaching Job: a fulfilling job that help students learn and grow
- Salary: a locally competitive salary to allow you to have a comfortable lifestyle
- Accommodation: either free accommodation or allowance is provided
- Local experiences: cultural and social activities organised by placement providers
- Chinese language: free lessons organised by placement providers
- Travelling: travel and experience China in a local way during weekends and holidays
English Teaching (ESL) Jobs In China
Each year, there’s a huge demand for English/ESL teachers to come teach in China. These English teaching jobs offer a great opportunity for you to work, live and travel in one of China’s big cities for one year. Most teaching jobs provide great benefits that allows you to have a comfortable lifestyle in China. The basic package usually includes below:
- Accommodation: fully furnished/housing allowances
- Monthly salary: ranging from RMB 10,000 – RMB 20,000, depending on the qualification and experiences.
- Flight: usually will be reimbursed
- Vacation: depending on the school type, usually will have 10 – 30 days’ vacation (besides weekends)
- Insurance: health/accident insurance
- Bonus: free Chinese lessons, teaching training, extra-hour or performance bonuses
Get Paid to experience. Live comfortably.
Average Salary in China for foreign English Teachers
The average salary is around RMB 10,000 ~ RMB 15,000 (1,500 USD ~ 2,200 USD) per month, plus accommodation allowances.
THE AVERAGE COST OF LIVING IN CHINA
Depending on which cities you live in, Chinese locals live off an average 2,500 RMB ~ 5,000 RMB per month, that inlcudes grocery shopping, dinning out a few times a week, drinking and KTV sessions with friends, transportation to work and taking taxi or Didi (the Chinese version of Uber) here and there, going for a spa or massage once a week, etc. The average foreigner can live a comfortable life with 5,000 ~ 6,000 RMB, and in cities that are not Beijing, Shanghai, or Shenzhen, the money can go much further.
Teaching In China Requirements
- Have obtained Bachelor degree or about to graduate (no specific field required);
- Native speaker in English from United Kingdom, United States, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand or South Africa in order to meet China’s visa regulations;
- Able to obtain clean police check;
- Able to work and live in China for at least one year.
ESL Teacher Story: Billie Jago
Teaching in China Story: A Spontaneous Decision Turned Life-Changing Experience
ESL Teacher Story: Jonas Rembert
Teaching in China Story: Culture Shock? Most Welcome!
Where To Teach In China?
Panda Buddy is now hiring for more than 300 positions across multiple cities China. Whether you’re looking to live in a big metropolitan city or in a smaller city, you’ll certainly find a place with us that suits your needs. Here are some top cities with a mixture of different cultures, economic development, and flavours (cuisines).
Teaching Opportunities in China
Opportunities ranging from primary schools, kindergartens high schools and language training institutions. Our partners provide you with great support from work visa, arrival and local support, to your personal development such as teaching training and Chinese lessons.