Easy Peasy English
Position: Adult, Teenage & Young Learner English Teacher
Location: Chengdu and Sichuan Province
About the employer
Easy Peasy English is the leading language school in Southwest China. Each campus is based in a major metropolitan area such as Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province. Thousands of students have experienced the Easy Peasy Language learning system to become fluent, confident English speakers. Kindergarten (ages 3-6) and primary school (ages 7-12) curriculum is at the heart of Easy Peasy English’s educational structure. We also teach adult learners and prepare students to take tests for overseas education. Certified native English speaker teachers, certified native level local teachers as well as China and UK research and development teams mean continual development for both our students and teachers.
At Easy Peasy English our students are immersed in English learning from day one and follow a step by step, structured approach to learning, that has been tried and tested for over 20 years. All of the foreign teachers at Easy Peasy English are native English speakers. As our foreign teachers come from North America, the UK and Ireland as well as Australia and New Zealand, each student gets to learn more than just a language, but cultural awareness and our teachers a part of a diverse and dynamic workplace.
About the job
At Easy Peasy English language school, we teach mainly young learners English through a fun and interesting curriculum. Perfected over the last 5 years our standardised curriculum and lesson plans mean the hard work has been done for you. Your job will be to edit and adapt lesson plans to more suitably fit your students needs and make the preparations (such as handicrafts) to enliven the class and focus the students’ attention.
In the classroom you will lead a group of no more than 8 students on a quest to use, practice and perfect their English. Depending on the age and ability of the students you will use the school’s resources to teach using song, dance, flashcards, electronic whiteboards, student books, work books and many other excellent teaching materials and aids we have. Where possible and depending on the weather we try to take students out of the classroom as much as possible. That could mean a trip to Ikea to go over furniture vocabulary, to the park to see trees, leaves and flowers or taking part in lots of regular activities we have such as our annual Halloween and sports day activities.
You will be supported by senior managers and senior teachers and will get training in our system as well as ESL fundamentals before embarking on what we promise is a great job and wonderful way to explore this beautiful country!
– Training Centre
– Chengdu: 15
– Other cities in Sichuan province: 20
Got a question for Easy Peasy?
City with positions opening
- Maximum of 20 teaching hours per week
- Maximum of 20 admin hours per week
- Class sizes: 1 – 8 students
- Student ages: adult, teenage & young learner students
- 5 working days per week -Cooperate with Chinese staff to ensure the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
- Participation in Extra Curricular Activities (ECA)
- Lesson planning, creating course outlines
- Deliver classes in a professional and creative way
- Highly competitive salary: 11,000 – 14,000 RMB per month
- Flight reimbursement on contract completion: 6,000 RMB
- Airport pick up and hotel reception upon arrival
- Apartment provided
- Quarterly bonuses based on performance
- All Chinese public holidays plus 8 paid holidays
- Legal work permit & work visa
- Medical insurance provided
- Free Chinese lessons
- Career development opportunities
- 24-hour assistance for living and work needs
We are looking for teachers with the energy and patience needed to teach young learners. We hope you are ambitious and want to challenge yourself not only in the classroom but in a new country. People looking to take on the adventure of living and working abroad are welcome to apply.
- Native English speaker from UK, US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia or Ireland
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- TEFL certificate 120 hours or above or at least 2 years teaching experience required
- Clean criminal record
- Highly responsible team player with hard working ethics