10 ~ 12 months
Sea Dragon Education
SDE’s mission is to create a conducive environment that inspires growth and learning by providing exceptional service and support for our staff and schools.
Positions available in public schools, kindergartens, and training centers.
About the employer
Founded in 2004, rooted in Washington DC as an equity participation of NAEC, SDE Seadragon Education is an education solution provider. Supported by district education offices in cities throughout China, SDE Seadragon Education works to promote English education in Chinese classrooms, and to facilitate an international experience for Chinese students.
SDE Seadragon Education’s primary focus is on the provision and management of Foreign Talents (particularly Foreign Teachers) working in public and private educational institutions in China. The majority of our teachers are currently based in Shenzhen, but we also have opportunities in Beijing, Shanghai, Zhoushan, and Suzhou. Our management team includes foreign nationals, however we employ education professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds.
– Public School
– Training Centres
– September/October 2019
– Feb/March 2020
– Public school: 50
– Kindergarten: 80
– Training center: 15
Got a question for SDE?
Cities with positions opening
- Class size: 20-60 students per class depending on school type
- Student age: 8 – 18 years old
- Teaching syllabus: provided
- Contract length: 10 months (renewable)
- Salary: 12,000-15,000 RMB monthly salary, based on qualifications and experiences (150 – 300% above the local average)
- Accommodation: 3,000 RMB monthly housing allowance
- Work hour: Maximum of 18 lesson per week, 40-45 minutes per lesson (ample free time)
- Flight allowances: 5,000 RMB once-a-year flight allowance (will be reimbursed in a week upon arrival) or paid upfront ticket for fresh graduate
- Insurance: social and accident insurance
- Free Chinese lessons: Yes (afternoon off once a week to attend free weekly Mandarin Chinese lessons and/or teacher training)
We seek to hire talented and passionate individuals to help bridge the gap between China and the rest of the world. That is why we cooperate with the best universities and other partners to connect with talent that share the same values and drive as we do.
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor degree or above
- Clean medical and criminal check
- No Chinese language or teaching experience necessary
A critical factor that sets our company apart is our support system. From the second you talk with someone from SDE, throughout your time working for us, we have a team to support you. Need visa assistance? We have a team for that. Think your teaching skills need a little brushing up? We have a team for that. Need to get a new apartment or help with some translations? We have got a team to help you with that, too, and more!